Welcome to Wedding Traditions

I recently watched the film "Nanny McPhee".

The movie had a wedding scene, in England. The wedding clothes were bright colors, including the wedding gown. There was, of course, a wedding cake.... but also, many additional mini cakes were strategically placed throughout the outdoor wedding area.

I realize that this was a "movie wedding" ~ but I still found myself wondering at all of the little cakes. I am accustomed to multitudes of cookies (which the guests, after fighting over them, take home as souvenirs)

The show included the obligatory "rubbing cake in your loved one's face" scene, albeit that the rubbing was done by a gay couple, and they were not the bride and groom.


  • These ruminations gave me the idea to explore where wedding traditions come from. I hope to share my findings with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home